Today, I had the pleasure of presenting the keynote session at the Missouri Career Development Association‘s (MoCDA) Spring Conference!
This event was scheduled to take place on-site in Columbus, MO, but … in reaction to precautions related to COVID-19 … made a quick switch to an online conference.
Many thanks for the invitation! And kudos to MoCDA President, Mako Miller, professional development chair, Jonnae Hill, and the entire conference team for the incredible coordination and communication that made the switch seem seamless. 🙂
The conference theme? Using Technology in Career Development – perfect timing, right?
My goals for the session:
- Bring awareness of the importance of visual media in digital communication efforts – branding, retention of information, engagement
- Provide an introduction to free tools and graphic design basics
- Lead a review and critique of infographic examples
- Brainstorm a list of uses in career development settings
- Encourage attendees to create original visual media for use with their audiences and contexts.
Presentation slides and resources are posted here. Please take a look and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have!
- The Rise of Visual Media Online – MIT Sloan Management Review
- Using PowerPoint to Create Infographics
- Visual Design Basics – Usability.gov
- Gestalt Principles of Design
- 7 Superpowers of a Successful Infographic
- White Space is Not Your Enemy – Golombisky & Hagen