We had an amazing time at the NCDA Global Conference this year! Thanks to all of the organizers and attendees for the many effective learning and community-building opportunities. And a special thanks to all who joined our session on site! If you were not able to attend the conference, you can catch up on some of the event’s highlights by searching Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the event hashtag: #NCDAPhoenix.
In this post, we are excited to share our Snapchat presentation. It includes some Snapchat basics, along with a description of how we used Snapchat this past year in our courses – both campus-based (Deb) and online (Melissa). We each shared our goals for integrating social media, some lessons learned, tips for getting started, a list of suggested activities, and additional resources (also provided below).
- 15 Ways to Use Snapchat in Classes and Schools – Ditch That Textbook
- 10 Seconds at a Time, A Teacher Tries Snapchat to Engage Students – NPRed
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Using Social Media in Your Course – OLC Insights
- Does Snapchat Have a Place in Higher Education Marketing and Recruitment – Liaison Edu
- Student Snapchat Information – Center for Career Exploration and Success, Miami University
- Snapchat Challenge – Pace University
- 32 Tips to Help You Step Up Your Snapchat Game – PCmag.com
Are you using Snapchat with your students? If so, we’d love to hear more about your experience! If you aren’t using Snapchat, but are thinking about it, please add your questions to the comments here, so we can respond and continue the conversation.
Happy snapping. 😉