We are grateful for the opportunity to present this session as the keynote at the Georgia Career Development Association‘s 2017 Mini-Conference! Thanks to the GCDA Board and Attendees for a warm welcome and great participation throughout the event.
Whether it’s purchasing a new smartphone, choosing online resources for a website, or creating a career-oriented podcast, technology decisions can be overwhelming. And the emergence of “new” and obsolescence of the “old” happen at what seems like an ever-quickening pace. In this session, the “Technology Twins” share their ideas about how digital tools and technology will influence career development activities in the coming years, and what you can do to make the most of them.
This presentation included several embedded videos. Please check out the list of links that appear below to explore. Additional links to other resources and examples appear on the slides.
- Snapchat Story: Career Expo 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJHOlCct-A
- Eliza, the Rogerian Therapist: http://psych.fullerton.edu/mbirnbaum/psych101
- Ellie- SimSensei & MultiSense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejczMs6b1Q4
- Virtual Reality – Public Speaking Anxietyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDFkwS9g3Zk; and many others online
- Virtual Reality Job Interview Simulation: https://vimeo.com/164452934
- Virtual Home Robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YWTtCsvgvg
- Pepper’s Ghost: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Peppers-Ghost-Illusion/ and an example from the 2014 Billboard Music Awards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjplA5I0xA