Today is the last day of National Career Development Month. Don’t worry if it snuck up on you – there’s still time to participate and promote career development – and what better way to do that than via technology!?! Here are some ideas:
- Update your profile.
- Join a professional group and/or make a post or comment in one of these.
- Explore converting a presentation to slideshare.
- Personalize your LinkedIn address
- Include that address in your email signature
- Play with Apps
- Browse through the apps that are hot now.
- Consider how they might be adapted for career counseling.
- Read NCDA’s Tech Tips
- Get ready for next year’s CD month by putting it on your calendar – always in November! Read here for some ideas. Consider updating that list and submitting to Career Convergence to inspire others.
- While at Career Convergence, take a few minutes to browse through the archives to learn something new.
- Tweet or retweet something related to career development.
- Engage in the rage – do a mannequin challenge that demos your career-related work.
Finally, take a minute and encourage others to invest in their own career development, whether it’s sprucing up their resume, reaching out to their network to keep connected, or looking at new job posts to see what’s out there and think about how to stay current.